If you’re experiencing low mood, depression, and anxiety, BounceBack can help. Through BounceBack, adults and youth 15+ learn skills to help manage worry and anxiety, combat unhelpful thinking, and become more active and assertive.
“My biggest learnings from the program would be how to problem-solve more effectively, how to adjust my attitude, and it also reminded me that what I’m feeling is normal.
– BounceBack client”
BounceBack offers two forms of help:
BounceBack Today online videos
Starting today, watch the BounceBack Today online videos and learn practical tips on managing mood, sleeping better, building confidence, increasing activity, problem solving, and healthy living.
You can watch the videos on our website at any time at bouncebackvideo.ca by entering your email address and access code: bbtodayon
The videos are available in English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Arabic, and Farsi.
Preview our introductory video:
BounceBack telephone coaching and workbooks
For additional support in managing depression and anxiety, BounceBack offers an educational and motivational guided self-help program using telephone coaching and workbooks.
A referral is required in order to participate. Your primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner) can provide you with a referral. This is important so that the healthcare professionals who know you best can match your needs with the right support. Print off a copy of the referral form to take with you at your next primary care visit. Alternatively, you can self-refer by completing the online referral form. Be sure to include the contact information for your primary care provider so that we can contact them on your behalf.
Once a referral has been submitted, you will be contacted by a BounceBack coach within five business days to schedule a telephone assessment:
- The program involves three to six telephone coaching sessions, which you can do from the comfort of your home.
- Your coach is there to help you develop new skills, keep you motivated, and monitor how you’re doing.
- You and your coach will select from among 20 workbook topics that are best suited to your current needs. Some popular workbooks are: Being assertive; Changing extreme and unhelpful thinking; Overcoming sleep problems.
- Telephone coaching is currently available in the following languages: English, French, Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Farsi, Hindi, Italian, Mandarin, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Ukrainian, and Urdu.
BounceBack workbooks, short format booklets, and youth booklets
Referral form (2 ways to refer)
- Print and fill out with your family doctor or nurse practitioner at your next visit. Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (905) 430-1768
- Complete online and provide your primary care provider’s contact information
- If you need help filling out the form, please call 1-866-345-0224