How to refer clients for telephone coaching and workbooks
At this time, only primary care providers (family doctors, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists) can refer clients into the BounceBack® program. This is because the BounceBack program has been developed as a shared-care model with primary care. The provider (most responsible practitioner) retains clinical responsibility of the client, meaning they have the necessary training to assess suicide risk, determine next steps, and ensure that appropriate follow-up and treatments are provided. However, if you are a health care professional other than a primary care provider (e.g., social worker, case manager, school counsellor) who is supporting your clients’ well-being, you may assist your clients in completing the referral form and submitting it on their behalf. Just be sure to include their primary care provider’s contact information so that we can follow-up with them.
Complete the BounceBack® referral form to ensure your client meets all eligibility criteria:
- 15 years or older
- Has mild to moderate depression (PHQ-9 range of 0-21) with or without anxiety
- Ensure client is not at risk to harm themselves or others; not significantly misusing alcohol or drugs; does not have a personality disorder; has not had manic episodes or psychosis within the past six months; and has sufficient concentration and motivation to engage in the program
- In addition, the referral cannot be sent directly from a hospital emergency department or in-patient psychiatric unit
The form can be filled out and submitted to us in a number of ways:
- Through EMR, if available
- Download the fillable PDF, complete, and email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Referral form is available in several languages: English, French, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Print and fax to us at: (905) 430-1768
If you need help completing the form, please call 1-866-345-0224
For clients who are not eligible to participate in BounceBack® Coaching:
They can self-enrol in BounceBack® Online by visiting www.bouncebackonline.ca.
Clients will have access to workbooks, interactive worksheets and videos designed to help them overcome low mood and worry. Only, they work through the materials independently and at their own pace. You may choose to assist your clients in working through the workbooks or connecting with them about their progress at their next visit. Resources are available in English only.